12 April 2009

Character #18



Brief respite from thesis research to finish off a little picture which pretty much sums up how I'm feeling at the moment. I don't know whether to blame myself for choosing the project in the first place or to throw the cards on my supervisor's table and call him the useless and pompous snob whose reluctantly offering any helpful advice.

It's supposed to be mid-semester study break next week, but I'm probably going to be buried under the immense mound of thesis work anyway. I'm generalizing when I say this, or perhaps it's just my personal grudge against my supervisor, but it seems individuals who've attained some sort of higher-up status in academia are all pretentious. Sure, they give you the idea for the project you're supposed to research, but in the end, they'll just label it their work and say you're just a work-horse for pulling it off. I'll refrain from verbosely using chained slurs of derogatory words, but readers would probably understand my grief at this point.

Well, let's just hope karma works.

Peace.

No comments: